Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Khatam Al-Quran"


This morning, I attended a "Majlis Khatam Al-Quran" at Kak Som's house (pic. above), Batu Hampar, Peringgit. Four of her grandchildren had completed reading the Quran and one grandchild would be having his "cukur jambul" ceremony. It was a very grand ceremony indeed.
When we arrived, we were served delicious kueh-mueh (above). See the green karipap-like kueh? Actually it's like kueh dadar with coconut filling. Don't like the colour though...

Then the 4 celebrated VIPs arrived accompanied complete with bunga-manggar bearers and the kompang.

They were seated on a special dias in the hall. The boy and the girl next to him were siblings while the other two were their cousins, the one with the pink baju from Kelana Jaya.

They took turns reciting the Quran receiving positive responses from the guests.

After that, there was the "cukur-jambul" ceremony. Here you can see Nek Eton blessing the baby who was fast asleep despite the "commotion" all around him. Good baby ... may Allah bless you and look after you always. Amin.

We were served lunch - nasi beriani kambing with all the accompaniments. Before we left, we were given a bagful of goodies each. I will say it again ..."It was a grand ceremony indeed!"

2 comments:

Pak Tuo said...

Salam Cikgu,

Now I knew,I will make sure I visit you often.

Wassalam

Hjh Nazli Abbas said...

Thanks for visiting, Wer. I mentioned our meeting that day to your aunt and we had a good laugh reminescing (correct spelling ke?)about 'little' you. I wish my former High School boys would visit me here.

Take care, all the best to you and family.

Hope to see you again.